- Call for Papers: IPAN-RGNUL Policy Review Project 2014Posted 2 days ago
- 1st AMITY NATIONAL DEBATE COMPETITION, 2014, AMITY LAW SCHOOL DELHIPosted 2 days ago
- National Seminar on Clemency in Criminal Justice SystemPosted 5 days ago
- National Seminar on FDI: Trends, Opportunities and ChallengesPosted 1 week ago
- NPAC International Conference on Strengthening Arbitration in IndiaPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Papers: Indraprastha Technology Law Journal (ITLJ)Posted 1 week ago
- Call for Papers: Christ University Law Journal (CULJ)Posted 1 week ago
- International Essay Competition on Corporate LawPosted 1 week ago
- PES-ITM Women’s Day Debate and Essay CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Papers: The Law Mantra Law Journal:Posted 2 weeks ago
1st National Essay Writing Competition, 2013
India of Dreams, in association with LegalDesire.com, is proud to announce the launch of the 1st National Essay Writing Competition, 2013. The Competition aims at bringing out some innovative ideas of the youth for the protection of child rights in India.
INDIA OF DREAMS
India of Dreams was started as a hope to fight against Social Causes with the help of press media, administration & volunteers support. It strives to ensure the protection of Human Rights in the society and fights against various issues to make India of ‘Dreams’ into reality. The organisation also provides free education to orphans and poor children for whom the term ‘school’ signifies a far-fetched dream.
CHILD RIGHTS IN INDIA
“ Children are little people who need BIG rights. ”
– Dr. Klaus Kenkel, Germany
Rights are about empowering people, about giving power to the vulnerable and marginalized people to fight for justice. Until recently, little thought had been given to rights of children in India and it was only towards the end of the last century that children began to be looked on as persons in their own right, with rights of their own. And now, together as a nation, it is our duty to further provide an impetus to this movement. Let us be loud, let us be clear.
Theme of Essay: Child Rights in India
- Child Rights and Judicial System
- Child Sexual Abuse and the Law
- Child’s Right to Survival and Development
- Begging / Prostitution / Trafficking and Child Rights
- Child Labour
- Juvenile Justice System: Need for Reforms
- The Essay should contain short Author Biography and Abstract of maximum 250 words.
- The Essay must be written in English.
- No part of the essay should have been published earlier or be under consideration for publication or in a contest elsewhere.
- The essay should not be more than 2500 words (excluding footnotes).
- Footnotes must conform to Bluebook (19th Edition) rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- The font type should be Times New Roman, Font Size 12, with 1.5 line spacing. A margin of 1 inch or 2.54 cm shall be left on all four sides. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10, with line spacing 1.
- Plagiarized work will be disqualified.
- Co-Authorship is allowed but both authors are required to register separately.
- Essays should be submitted to email@example.com with participant’s name, address, contact details, University in docx or doc format with Subject “National Essay Competition: Child Rights in India” latest by 5th December, 2013 (11:59 pm).
The Competition shall be open to all students from India pursuing undergraduate or post graduate course from recognized Universities / Colleges / Departments.
1st Prize: Rs. 5000/-
2nd Prize: Rs. 3000/-
3rd Prize: Rs. 1500/-
Top 20 Participants will get Consolation Prizes from Legal Desire.
Participation Certificates for every participant with Legal Desire Merchandise and Gift Cards.
Registration fees: Rs.200/- per participant. Registration Mode: Online & Offline 1. You Can Pay Registration fees Online via Debit Cards/Credit Cards or Net banking. After Successful Payment please submit the duly filled Registration form with Payment . 2. For Bank Deposit, Contact +91-9045838997 3. Send a draft in favour of ‘Desire Web India’ payable at Meerut to- 46/1, Krishnalok Colony, Inchauli Meerut, Uttar Pradesh-250001 IMPORTANT POINTS:
Registration fees: Rs.200/- per participant.
Registration Mode: Online & Offline
1. You Can Pay Registration fees Online via Debit Cards/Credit Cards or Net banking.
After Successful Payment please submit the duly filled Registration form with Payment .
2. For Bank Deposit, Contact +91-9045838997
3. Send a draft in favour of ‘Desire Web India’ payable at Meerut to-
46/1, Krishnalok Colony, Inchauli
Meerut, Uttar Pradesh-250001
For further details, please contact
Anuj Kumar Tejaswini Ranjan
(+91) 9045290256/9045838997 (+91) 9031595961
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org National Essay Writing Competition, 2013, Download this Post as PDF