Date: 6-7 September, 2015
Venue: National Law University, Delhi
The following themes will be covered in the training programme:
– The biophysical and socio-cultural pecularities of water
– Water Rights: Land based rights, tradable rights, statutory rights, constitutional, fundamental and common law right to water
– Inter-state and transboundary conflicts
– Water Laws and their practice in courts
– Law, Water & Environment: Engagement with the NGT
– Laws related to irrigation, dams and displacement
– Groundwater and the legal regime
– Inter-sectoral water use, allocation and conflicts
– Inter-linking of Rivers: Federalism, ecology and transboundary conflicts
– Water Law and its complexity, in theory and practice
This workshop is aimed at judges, practising lawyers, and everyone working in the water sector whose work includes engagement with legal issues related to water.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply for this training programme, please e-mail a copy of your resume, along with a covering letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing your work experience and why this programme would be useful to you. The last date for receiving applications is the 24th of August and the applicants will be informed of their selection within a week’s time.
Brochure : http://www.nludelhi.ac.in/UploadedImages/e8886b27-9814-4929-aa66-6d652cedad8b.pdf