There are certain movies that made learning the law into some worth filming on the screen. Here’s the list we have compiled of best movies of all time related to the law for your watch list.
12 Angry Men
- The movie got released in 1957 and story focuses on a jury’s discussion in a murder case Directed by Sidney Lumet and produced by Henry Fonda & Reginald Rose.
- The story is about deciding a young man whether he is guilty or innocent for murdering his father.
- The case in the movie being an open and shut of murder slowly transforms into a detective story providing lot of clues and doubts about the accused and as well as others.
The paradine case
- The movie directed by Alfred Hitchcock and produced by David O. Selznick in 1947.
- The story depicts a woman poisoning her husband who is blind and a military person.
- The lady claims for her innocence and hires three guys as her defense team.
- The Judge and his wife represent the popular and legal views about the case.
Anatomy of a murder
- The movie was directed and produced by Otto Preminger in 1959.
- The story is about a small town lawyer being lost in election feeling betrayed by his community gets a huge case.
- The case is about an army Lieutenant murders a man who raped his wife.
Inherit the wind
- The movie was directed by Stanley Kramer and written by Jerome Lawrence and Robert Edwin Lee in 1960
- The moviemoves around the issue of evolution vs. creationism of 24 year-old High School mathematics teacher and sports coach.
- The title of the file was taken from the Biblical book.
Judgment at Nuremberg
- The movie was written by Abby Mann and Directed by Stanley Kramer in the year 1961.
- The story is about Nazi sterilization and cleansing policies conducted by four judges at their office
- The question is that it is a right thing to say no more trials as Germany as other Allies governments wants to forget the past need to be judged here.
To Kill a mockingbird
- The movie is a novel written by Harper Lee in 1960.
- The story plays around a woman who is a lawyer and has two children and she is against a black man who tried to accuse a white woman.
In Cold Blood
- The movie is based on book written by Truman Capote in 1968.
- The story is about how two persons plan to rob the wealthy family and it ended with murder of entire family.
- Finally the circumstance they face due to the murder being the main point.
Kramer vs Kramer
- In 1979, this movie directed by Robert Benton and production is Columbia pictures.
- The story runs around a man who got separated from wife wants to take care of his child.
- The separated women want her son back claiming for the custody of her son the ensuing court battle.
- In 1982, the movie Verdict was directed by Sidney Lumet and story by David Mamet.
- The story runs about a Lawyer who takes up a medical malpractice case to salvage his self-respect and his career.
- Movie directed by Richard Marquand and screenplay by Joe Eszterhas in 1985.
- Story is about a publisher who accused for murdering his wife for money. Till end of the story the gesture will go on finding out whether murderer is cunning or innocent.
- The director of the movie is Jonathan Kaplan and screenplay by Tom Topor in 1988.
- The story is about a woman raped by three men in a bar after a fight with her boyfriend. The final judgment will be sentenced based on the true events happened that night.
Hope you liked it, If you are fond of Bollywood movie then read our list on Top Bollywood Movies on Law Click Here