Sree Narayana Law College invites law students to participate in the Second Annual SNLC Legal Essay Writing Competition 2015.
Right to privacy is one of the most cherished of all fundamental rights. However, overawing development in the field of IT has led to an apprehension of invasion of privacy. Recent revelations as to large scale snooping by the Government for all information and telecommunications makes these apprehensions well founded. Information and communication technologies have deeply delved into every aspect of human life. Some of these technologies are deeply intrusive having implications on privacy. This necessitates a critical review of the right to privacy in the dawn of Information and Communication Technology.
Topic of the Essay Writing:
Right to Privacy in the Dawn of Information and Communication Technology
Specifications for Submission of Essays:
- Participant must be an Under Graduate Student of Law (3 year / 5 year) or Post Graduate Student of Law.
- Essays must be written in English.
- The essay should not exceed 3000 words (inclusive of Foot Notes).
- The essay should contain an Abstract not exceeding 200 words.
- The essay should be typewritten in A4 size paper in the following format:
- Font size: Main Text – 12; Foot Note – 10
- Font: Times New Roman
- Line space: 1.5
- Format: .doc / .docx
- Joint authorship is allowed (Maximum 3).
- Uniform Legal Citation should be followed.
- Authorities relied on should be strictly acknowledged. Any plagiarism will lead to automatic disqualification of the essay.
- Every entry must contain the following details of the Participants:
- Title of the Essay
- Name of the Participant / Participants
- Semester / Year
- Institution / University / College
- All entries shall be thoroughly reviewed by an expert panel. The essays which are adjudged as the best essay and the second best essay will be awarded a cash prize of :
- Best Essay: Rs. 8000/-
- Second Best Essay: Rs. 5000/-
- Certificates will be issued to the authors of the Best Essay and the Second Best Essay respectively.
- The best essay shall be published in the issue of the SNLC Law Journal.
- The second best essay shall be published in the issue of the Kerala High Court Cases.
Entries must be sent to email@example.com on or before 30th August, 2015.
Sree Narayana Law College
Puthenkavu, Poothotta P.O.
Ernakulam – 682307, Kerala
Phone: 0484 2794377, 0484 2792377
Fax: 0484 2794377