Libra College of Law is going to organize a National Seminar on “Gender Equality, Feminism in Contemporary India: Issues & Challenges”.
Date: 2nd – 3rd May, 2015
Objective of Seminar:
This seminar will be serving dual purpose; firstly, it will be our objective to enrich the knowledge of the academicians through interaction with each other and to highlight Gender Equality and Feminism as an instrument of ordering and social transformation in the modern India.
Secondly, in this event some strong suggestions would be given for positive reforms towards Gender Justice and Feminism regime prevailing in India so that these laws not only meet the requirements of international commitments and revolutionary development but also to meet the needs of the Indian society as well.
Theme of Seminar:
The Seminar will focus on objective of “Gender Equality Feminism in Contemporary India Issues and Challenges”.
There is a need to create awareness about Gender Equality Laws and Policies. This awareness will be strengthening the position of the women in the society thus the seminar topic pose a lot of challenging area to be covered during technical sessions under difference themes such as:
- Crime against women and its impact on them.
- Role of gender biased laws; Domestic Violence Act.
- Women Education and Media.
- Cry still unheard; the Menace of Female Foeticide in India.
- The role of education in removing gender inequality.
- Status of women in India.
- Caste base social exclusion and discrimination.
- Discrimination and policies in India.
- Gender discrimination & discrimination based on religion.
- Reservation for linguistic & religious minorities’ women.
- Women rights protection and judicial response
- Problem related to education for deprived half section of the society.
- Plans & Programs undertaken for the welfare of SCs/STs /OBCs & Minority’s women in India.
- Victims of Rape and Criminological Implication
- Gender Justice and conflict of personal laws
- Multiculturalism and Gender equality
- Any other Topic/Sub-theme related to Women Rights
Call for Papers:
Academicians, Professionals, Research Scholars, Advocates, NGO’S and Students are invited to submit their abstracts and full papers to the convener of the seminar.
Abstract should not be more than 300 words and full papers not exceeding 5000 words to the organizing committee on or before 21st April 2015 on email@example.com. Abstracts and full papers should be sent in hard copy along with a soft copy in MS word 2007, font size 12m Times New Roman for English and font size 16 m Kruti Dev 010 for Hindi papers.
The Seminar shall have a web conferencing session for the selected participants. To avail this facility, the participant should have submitted the abstract, registration fee and full length paper before the deadline and notified the intention to present the paper through web-conferencing.
Details regarding web conferencing schedule and other details shall be sent separately.
- Academicians/Lawyers/NGO’s: Rs. 1000/-
- Research Scholar: Rs. 750/-
- Students: Rs. 500/-
Separate Registration of the author, if the author is more than one
Mode of Payment:
The Delegates may send Demand Draft in favour of “Libra College of Law” payable at Dehradun.
All participants will be provided Lunch, tea/coffee with snacks at the venue of the Seminar. No T.A. / D.A. will be provided to the participants. The participants are requested to make their own arrangements for travel. The accommodation will be provided as per availability on first cum first basis. However, for any assistance, participants can contact the organizers.
|Last Date of Submission of Abstract||14th April, 2015|
|Full Paper Submission (Soft Copy)||21st April, 2015|
|Full Paper Submission (Hard Copy) & Registration Fee||30th April, 2015|
Mr. Rajesh Gangwar
Mr. Kapil Arora
Mr. Mukesh Kr. Ray
Ms. Krishna Kothiyal
Md. Faisal Farooqui
Mr. Deepak Kumar
Mrs. Ranjita Issachar
Libra College of Law
DIMT Tower, Paudwala,
Rajawala Road via Premnagar, Selaqui,
Dehradun – 248 007, Uttarakhand
Phone: +91-9997220916, +91-9027774385