The Negotiation Academy is proud to announce the first edition of the Master Negotiator Essay Writing Competition.
Our objective is to encourage students to think out of the box and grow as Consensual Dispute Resolution enthusiasts. The competition we envision is significantly different from other essay competitions as it aims to be fun and inspiring for both the writers and the readers. Before you get to the rules, here’s a few things you should know:
- We are looking for inspiring entries that are fun to read, out of the box, unique and relatable.
- Anything from a personal anecdote to a short fiction story would work if it provides a fresh pair of eyes to the reader.
- We like you to be as creative, original and candid as possible.
- There are some things that annoy us – eg spelling errors and bad formatting/presentation.
- Plagiarism is a strict no-go.
What to write about?
Our theme is pretty broad, to leave you ultimate possible space for creativity:
“Negotiation skills for lawyers“
Some thoughts to get you inspired, but by no means exclusive:
What made you interested in negotiation? How do you think it can change the way we “lawyer”? How have you used it to become a better law student? What do you see our future look like? What is your negotiator superpower? How can it inspire other people? Or help them? Are we living in the past? Or is this the future? How should we define success as legal negotiators? Again, let your thoughts flow!
What can I win?
The top three entries will receive:
- The Master Negotiator Scholarship (a full waiver of tuition fee for the Master Negotiator course worth € 250)
- A publication opportunity with the Negotiation Academy Blog
- A certificate of appreciation from the Negotiation Academy
Additionally, we may choose to give special recognition awards up to a maximum number of 5 more entries in the following ways:
- Scholarship of 75% tuition fee waiver for the Master Negotiator course
- Publication opportunity with the Negotiation Academy’s blog (contingent on the editorial team’s approval)
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Negotiation Academy
What are we looking for
Creativity – Overall concept, freshness of thought, ability to capture reader’s interest
Originality – originality of ideas, analytical ability, novelty of thought (plagiarism will lead to disqualification)
Language and presentation – form of expression, coherence of ideas and overall flow from one paragraph to another, structure and presentation
Registration : free
Eligibility: Participant must be enrolled in an undergraduate or post graduate program of law at any institute around the world.
Format: 1000-1500 words; 12 pt font, justified; .doc or .docx format, named after your first and last name
Submission: the word document must be uploaded by filling in our form here
Deadline: 20 March 2018, midnight CET
Will we grant extensions for special requests? No. We’re Austrian. And it’s time to grow up
More information at https://www.necademy.com/news/writingcompetition/
For any queries or clarifications, write to firstname.lastname@example.org