Jagran Lakecity University is going to organize an International Conference on “Human Rights: Contemporary Issues & Challenges 2015”.
Date: 2nd – 3rd October, 2015
About the Conference:
Human life is the greatest gift of the nature which shall neither be damaged nor demeaned by ourselves. Every ‘human life’ carries along with its birth, the right to live to the fullest extent and enjoy all that is bestowed by the nature.
The history has taught us enough on how the greed, jealousy, animosity and ignorance can destroy the dignity of life. Persistent attempts are being made by the great persons and institutions to educate the society in this regard.
“Learned from my illiterate but wise mother that all rights to be deserved and preserved came from duty well done” says Mahatma Gandhi. Thus the right to live on the earth accrues only when owe the duty to respect others’ rights.
With the growth of the society, the horizons of Human Rights also expand. There are numerous dimensions of Human Rights which are equally worthy of attention and deliberation. It behaves us to delve into the roots of human life both at domestic and global level and preserve the rights which are indispensable for a dignified healthy and meaningful life irrespective of race, gender, religion, nationality and economic status. Mr. Ban Ki Moon gives a call to each one of us … I believe in a world of justice and human rights for all. A world where girls can grow up free of fear of abuse. A world where women are treated with the respect and dignity that is their right. A world where poverty is not acceptable. My dear friends, you can make this your world.
This conference, which is being organized by Jagran Lakecity University in collaboration with the World Federation of United Nations Association (WFUNA) is an attempt to invoke a prolific discussion on issues related to Human Rights in a comprehensive and contemporary perspectives. This conference aims to provide a platform for academicians, lawyers, policy makers, researchers, administrators and students to present their insights and thoughts on the subject.
- To provide a platform to academicians, social activists, Human Rights activist, politicians, UN officials and their agencies, bureaucrats, practitioners, researchers and students for discussing and sharing their experiences on contemporary challenges of Human Rights
- To deliberate and facilitate the sharing and dissemination of knowledge relating to conference themes
- To facilitate a gathering of experts for enhancing professional and academic network
Salient Features of the Conference:
- Address by eminent personalities including UN officials
- Paper presentations and discussions
- Sessions by stakeholders and academic experts
- Award for Best Paper
- Publication of conference proceedings
Empirical, Conceptual, Research in progress and case studies are invited on the following Sub-themes:
- Human Rights and Gender Issues
- Human Rights and Children
- Right to Life-Dimensions
- Human Rights and Media
- Human Rights and Education
- Custodial Deaths
- Police Encounters
- Human Rights and Intellectual Property Rights
- Health and Medical Care
- Human Rights and Freedom of Religion
- Right to Privacy and Human Rights
- Human Rights and Internet Technology
- Armed Conflict Laws and Human Rights
- Human Rights and Terrorism
- Judiciary on Human Rights
- Human Rights and Environment
- International Institutions on Human Rights
- Global Politics and Human Rights
- Human Rights, Legal Rights and Constitutional Rights
- Military operations and Human Rights
- Human Rights – Future and Challenges
- A non-killing World
- Displacement and Ethnic Right
- Unorganised Labour Sector
- Right against Torture
- Human Trafficking
- Development and Human Rights
- Multi-culturism and Human Rights
- Marital and Inter familial Issues and Human Rights
Abstracts (approximately 300 words) and full-length papers may be sent to Dr. Yogendra Srivastava or Dr. Shobha Bhardwaj (firstname.lastname@example.org). Abstracts must be submitted through email, only in MS Word Format. Author(s) shall follow the APA Style for the submission referencing. Author(s) shall also include one separate cover letter containing title, author’s name, affiliation, address and contact information. All abstracts shall be reviewed for selection by an expert committee.
Authors of selected abstracts shall be notified for submitting full papers for presentation. Based on the decision of Editorial Committee, selected research papers will be published in conference proceedings with ISSN.
- Academician / Professionals (Paper Presenter): INR 3,000
- Foreign Delegates (Paper Presenter): US $300
- Academician / Professionals (Participation only): INR 2,000
- Research Scholars and Students: INR 1,500
- JLU Faculty and Students: INR 1,000
Mode of Payment:
Demand Draft should be in favour of “Jagran Lakecity University” payable at Bhopal
- Registration Fee (does not include accommodation charges)
- Post Conference tour to Bhopal City (Excluding entry tickets)
- Transport facility can be availed from Raja Bhoj International Airport, Bhopal and Bhopal Railway Junction / Habibganj Railway Station to JLU Campus, on pre-intimation basis for specific timings.
- Cultural Programme
- Limited Accommodation facility is available at the University campus. It is suggested to book your room as early as possible from the accommodation desk.
|Last Date for submission of abstracts||25th August, 2015|
|Notification of Acceptance||30th August, 2015|
|Last Date for Registration||15th September, 2015|
|Deadline for submission of full paper||20th September, 2015|
|Conference||2nd – 3rd October, 2015|
Dr. Yogendra Srivastava
Dr. Shobha Bhardwaj
Mr. Abhishek Jain
Conference Co-Convenor and Secretariat-Coordinator
Dr. Nidhi Khare
Jagran Lakecity University
165, First Floor, Zone-1,
M.P. Nagar, Bhopal – 462011
Phone: +91-9303840709, +91-9303840713, +91-9977097961, +91-9425606488