Legal Desire is organising One Day Workshop on “Product Labeling and Mandatory Declarations on E-commerce under Food and Metrology Laws”. This one day workshop is designed to provide detail information on the various mandatory requirements for labeling of food, non-food product and web-portal of E-commerce companies as per the mandate of Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 as well as Legal Metrology Act, 2009.
Date: 10th Dec, 2017 (Sunday)
Timings: 2:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Place: Glassroom Hall, YMCA Tourist Hostel, New Delhi, India
After attending this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand all the mandatory requirements for labeling of various food, non-food product and E-commerce portal.
- Identify whether mandatory requirements on a particular label and E-commerce portal are in conformance with the applicable laws and rules.
- Develop, review and suggest correction on a label of food, non-food product and E-commerce portal.
- Identify and rectify any misleading information, false statement/claim made on the label.
- Defend any false allegation regarding misbranding, misleading and non-conformance in the product label and E-commerce portal.
- Introduction and overview.
- Labeling enforcement in India, laws & rules that govern labeling of food and non-food product, different enforcement agencies, how it is enforced.
- General requirements of E-commerce, registration of E-commerce FBO, supply chain compliances, product listing and information, handling of consumer complaints.
- General requirements of labeling, labeling of pre-package commodities, labeling of retail package, wholesale/multi-piece packages, value package, small packages, exemptions, manner of declarations, location, size, font, colours, principal display panel,
- Offence by companies, nominations, compounding of offences, fines and penalties, adjudication for “misbranded” food, criminal prosecutions, judgement of high court and Supreme Court of India.
- Q & A.
Trainer: – Experienced industry professional from top companies having work experience in Food/FMCG/Manufacturing/E-commerce sector and practical knowledge of the subject.
- Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
- Food Safety and Standards (Packaging & Labeling) Regulation, 2011.
- FSSAI Guidelines for operation E-commerce FBO.
- Legal Metrology Act, 2009.
- Legal Metrology (Package Commodities) Rules, 2011.
- Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Amendment Rules, 2017.
- Judgements of High Court and Supreme Court of India.
Certificate of Participation and Study material will be provided to the every participant.
Students: Rs.1000/- (Limited Discounted Price)
(Includes Lunch and Delegate Kit)
To Register online Click Here or
Paytm the required amount to +91-9639010553 and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with payment details and contact info of participant.
Contact: 9899900073, 7042861776 or email to email@example.com