About the competition: The proposed essay writing competition will provide an interdisciplinary forum to present views on importance of Ambedkar’s ideas, ways to empower socially oppressed and ostracized groups, exploration of policies and practices to reform current system to encourage marginalized masses and strengthening judicial approach to engage with pressing demands for social justice. The basic purpose of this event is to create a meaningful dialogue on social justice agenda through active participation of intellectuals.
Rules and Guidelines:
– All students pursuing graduate, post graduate courses.
– Each submission can be co-authoured by a maximum of two members on any one of the below mentioned topics.
– Annihilation of Castes
– From Social Injustice to Social Justice: The Ambedkarian Way
– Ambedkar, Reservation, Constitution: Consolidating the Agenda in the 21st Century
C] Submission Procedure
– A soft copy of the essay must be submitted email@example.com on or before 31st October 2015.
– The essay must be sent as a word document (.doc or .docx) and in a PDF format.
– The email should carry subject as “Submission CCAL-GNLU Essay Competition-2015”.
– The essay must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Scan copy of University/Institution Identity Card.
- Covering letter containing the following details (co-author details also to be provided ,in the same letter):-
1. Name of the Author:
2. Contact no:
3. Address of Student:
4. Email id:
5. Name of college/institution:
6. Course and year/Semester of study:
7. Address of the college (including contact no. and official Email- id):
8. Title of the essay: Rules and Guidelines (Contd):
D] Submission guidelines
– LENGTH – The word limit shall be 2500-3500 words excluding footnotes.
– The winner shall receive a cash prize of Rs 10,000.
– The first runner up shall receive a cash prize of Rs 7,500.
– The second runner up shall receive a cash prize of Rs 5,000.
Publication Winning essays at the discretion of the editorial members may be chosen for publication in a Journal with an ISBN number.
Last date for submission: 31st October, 2015
Announcement of results: First week of January