About First Solat
First Solar (Nasdaq: FSLR) is a leading global provider of comprehensive photovoltaic (PV) solar systems which use its advanced thin-film modules. The company’s integrated power plant solutions deliver an economically attractive alternative to fossil-fuel electricity generation today. From raw material sourcing through end-of-life module collection and recycling, First Solar’s renewable energy systems protect and enhance the environment.
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Basic Job Function: COMPLIANCE AND TRANSACTION SUPPORT
– This position will provide legal support to the Senior Counsel India, handle all corporate secretarial matters and shall ensure statutory compliance for First Solar entities and related matters in India.
Education and Experience:
Qualified Company Secretary with Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognised, reputed University of India with minimum 4-6 years of corporate secretarial and commercial transactions experience in reputed law firms and/or as an in-house lawyer in an international business environment.
• Subject matter and in depth expertise in corporate secretarial matters and extensive knowledge of laws and regulations governing international commercial contracts including company law, FEMA, NBFC, FDI policy, RBI regulations, Competition Regulations, INCOTERMS, etc.
• Extensive understanding of inbound and outbound investment and funding regulations, implications, monitoring downstream investment compliance requirements and filings
• Superior ability to understand business strategy and business commercial decisions, identify and analyse legal implications and ensure timely compliance.
• Experience in drafting and negotiating wide range of commercial agreements.
• Superior ability to identify and resolve legal issues quickly and creatively while integrating legal, compliance and business objectives.
• Desire to work as part of a global team in a fast paced environment.
• Strong fluency in both written and spoken business English.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and distinctive sense of commercial thinking.
• Highest degree of integrity and ability to champion compliance as a core business value across the region.
• Strong organizational skills and being good at managing and prioritizing numerous projects to meet demanding deadlines.
• Self-motivated, independent, a team player, dependable and detail-orientated, having the ability to work across functions and departments.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Managing periodic and event-based corporate compliances such as e.g.:
– Maintenance of statutory records and registers as required under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013.
– In light of the business decisions and approvals to be taken, preparing agenda, notices, shorter notice consent letters, resolutions and minutes of board, general and committee meetings.
– Preparing Notices, explanatory statement for business items, annual report including Directors’ Report.
– Handling RBI, DIPP and MCA filings w.r.t. increase in authorized share capital, issued and paid capital, allotment of Shares, alteration of articles of association, change of directors, change of registered office, annual filings, FC-GPR, FC-TRS, etc.
– Liaison with ROC, RBI, DIPP, NSDL and DPs.
– Analysing and advising on legal and procedural matters under the Companies Act, 2013.
– Ensuring that all required documentation are maintained and filed as per statutory requirements and are up-to-date
• Coordinate with internal (functional and business) and external counsels/ advisors to understand the internal activities, manage compliances and timely escalation of breaches or potential breaches or implications to the Senior Counsel India
• Supporting the interim and annual audit processes and procedures, close coordination with accounts and finance departments for ensuring timely completion of annual audit
• Assist in obtaining necessary registrations and licenses, coordinate with internal and external stakeholders for the purpose.
• Submitting periodic status reports on corporate compliances
• Assisting in due diligence procedures with outside counsel support and identifying risk areas and suggesting remedial mitigation measures in compliance with laws and regulations
• Understanding internal corporate policies, enforcing compliance awareness and performing compliance trainings, as needed
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role. Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
To Apply Click Here
Get Free Legal Career Notification like this, Subscribe for free by entering your email: