PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with a product portfolio including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Position: Legal Manager
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Strategic partner to the business, driving and managing the business needs and risks as the legal advisor to the Thailand Beverages General Manager and function leaders in Thailand Beverages, including the plant managers at PepsiCo’s manufacturing plants in Thailand.
- Providing additional assistance to Thailand Foods business as required.
- Particularly, provide contracts review and guidance for the businesses and functions as needed.
- Ensure that contracts are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations; work with business and other functions to align contracts with company policies and governance protocols and controls.
- Work with Corporate Affairs as necessary to assist in obtaining required licenses and permits.
- Provide guidance on corporate governance, including assisting with legally required documents.
- Provide independent legal support and advice to the respective businesses / functions
- Proactively partner with and advise the business on legal liabilities and risks.
- Assist implementation of company’s corporate and global policies where applicable and provide support to all other functions in relation to legal documentation required for the implementation of company policies and processes.
- Training: Conduct required training in accordance with company policies and on applicable laws/regulations, in particular in support of PepsiCo’s Global Compliance & Ethics policies on anti-bribery/anti-corruption, including U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Assist in internal investigations for PepsiCo’s Control Environment Committees.
- Assist in internal investigations for PepsiCo’s Compliance & Ethics department.
- Law degree from an accredited top law school with a demonstrable superior academic record and training.
- Admitted to practice law in Thailand with current legal practitioner’s certificate.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience, in both law firm and in-house, particularly in consumer goods. Experience in FMCG, particularly food & beverage a plus.
- Experience in drafting international and domestic commercial contracts.
- Significant negotiating skills and experience with multi-national companies, local suppliers and distributors.
- Thai language
- Solid experience in corporate commercial legal work in Thailand with a good understanding of government processes & regulatory environment. Experience in litigation and litigation strategy a plus.
- Proficiency in Thai and English: speaking, writing and legal fluency, with ability to give presentations in both Thai and English.
- Strong people leader / manager with the ability to understand broader-than-own agenda and help others succeed.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of employees, from upper management to front-line employees; ability to work cross-functionally to get the best out of people; a work history that affirmatively demonstrates leadership, maturity, independence, and the ability to persuade others to deliver on commitments; team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure; ability to thoroughly understand the business and balance business needs with legal and ethical obligations.
- Fully autonomous decision maker with ability to identify potential risks in new, complex and dynamic environment.
- Highly agile, knows where to find the right information in the most effective way and knows when to seek input from the right senior stakeholders / external counsel.
- Strong sense of ethics and integrity.
- An ability to work in complex international environment, and willingness to work with different cultures and with an open and tolerant mind.
- An excellent sense of humor and fun.