The Centre for Environment and Law, under the auspices of the National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi proposes to organize a one day National Seminar on Ground Water Conservation in India, for disseminating knowledge and awareness among various sections of the society on 29th September 2015. This seminar seeks to formulate strategies, policies and legal frameworks for conservation of the existing sources of groundwater.
Original research paper(s) and case studies supported by recent data covering one or more of the theme(s) of the seminar are invited for presentation in the Seminar.
Major themes of the workshop include but not limited to:
- Existing institutional mechanism for groundwater governance and regulation
- Potential of existing water law in India to address the groundwater issues
- Groundwater regulation in India and the need for reforms
- State-wise study of groundwater management
- Groundwater contamination and its remedial measures
- Groundwater and Human Rights issues
- Role of NGOs in groundwater management
Submission of abstract: September 6, 2015
Acceptance of abstract: September 13, 2015
Submission of full paper: September 22, 2015
Abstracts not exceeding 500 words be sent by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Sept 6, 2015. The abstract of the paper should contain title of the paper, name of the author(s), affiliation, email, phone, and address, besides the content. Full paper must be submitted before Sept 22, 2015.
- Papers are expected to be 3000-5000 words.
- All submissions shall be in MS Word format typed in Times New Roman in 12 font size with line spacing of 1.5.
- All citations shall adhere to the Harvard Blue book 18th edition.
- Joint authorship up to a maximum of two is allowed.
- There will be awards for the Best Research Papers.
Authors of the selected papers will be allowed to do presentations at the venue. Detailed schedule of paper presentation, speakers and list of selected papers for the presentation would be displayed on the website of the centre www.celnuals.blogspot.in on 24th September 2015 and will also be communicated through email to the participants concerned.
Seminar Pre-registration: Participation is open to all [Register online by September 24, 2015]
Participation is open to all individuals irrespective of whether they are presenting a paper at seminar or not. All individuals participating in the Seminar will be issued a ‘Participation Certificate’.
To register CLICK HERE
In the proposed seminar, various eminent personalities from the field of law, government administration, NGOs etc would deliver lectures on several topics associated with the seminar. The seminar is envisaged to enlighten the academic and scholar community on the finer aspects of groundwater law and policy in India.
For further details or queries, please visit celnuals.blogspot.in or contact us at email@example.com