Amity Law School, Noida is pleased to announce the Amity National ADR Tournament, 2017. This is a great opportunity for all law students currently pursuing 5 year integrated course or LL.M. course to participate in this event.
Date: 14th – 16th September, 2017
Venue: Amity Law School, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
About the Tournament:
- The Med-Arb Competition: It is a hybrid of Mediation and Arbitration. Each team will consist of 2 participants. Neutral party is adopted for mediation and if failed the party must go for Arbitration.
- Negotiation Competition: Each team will consist of 2 participants one will be the attorney and the other being the client, who will negotiate the differing party in the most adept manner.
- Client Counselling Competition: Each team shall consist of two members. The Competition simulates a law office consultation in which two law students, acting as lawyers are presented with a hypothetical dispute brought before them by a Client-actor.
- Arbitration Award Writing Competition: One member of each team will participate in this competition and deliver an award within the stipulated time.
The main objective of this tournament is to bring out the latent talents of students, providing them with a learning experience and building their competitive essence. It seeks to inspire the students to explore the various aspects of dispute resolution, understand its intricacies and receive a more practical understanding of out of court settlements, which will in due course promote the various mechanisms of ADR.
- Rs. 1500/- for each participant which is inclusive of accommodation
Last date of Provisional Registration: 15th August, 2017
Last date of final Registration: 20th August, 2017
Last date for submission of hard copy of DD and Registration Form: 25th August, 2017
Date of release of Negotiation Problem (for Prelims): 30th August, 2017
Date of submission of clarifications for Negotiation Problem: 1st September, 2017
Date of release of clarifications for Negotiation Problem: 3rd September, 2017
Date of submission of Negotiation Simulation (soft copy): 6th September, 2017
Date of submission of Negotiation Simulation (hard copy): 10th September, 2017
Date of release of Med-Arb Problem for Prelims: 5th September, 2017
Date of submission of clarifications for Med-Arb Problem: 9th September 2017
Date of release of clarifications for Med-Arb Problem: 10th September, 2017
Date of submission of travel details: 12th September, 2017
Reporting date for the event: 14th September, 2017 (8 am – 10 am)
Ms. Manisha Chava
Ms. Romsha Panwar
Mr. Shantanu Narain
Ms. Sunaina Srinivasan
Mr. Abhinav Jaiswal
Alternative Dispute Redressal Tournament 2017
> Website: http://amityadr.weebly.com/