Why participate in this expedition:
The purpose of this academic expedition is to provide Indian law students & graduates an overview of Legal Education & Practice in USA as well as to make them learn the Judicial and Parliamentary system of USA which would be helpful for them in order to do a comparative study between both the nations. This expedition also aims at helping students in getting Internships, Learning best global legal practices, gathering information about LLM (scholarships), to voice their opinions by participating in international dialogues and last but not the least to get the interested candidates learn the practical knowledge/procedures about how to establish themselves as a lawyer in USA. This expedition is surely a lifetime opportunity for someone to get a global exposure and to boost up his/her profile in the legal field. During this expedition, the delegation will be covering five cities namely San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Washington DC & New York.
What you gain from the tour?
- Opportunity to visit & attend lectures at law schools in USA
- Opportunity to know about USA’s Legal Education system.
- Interaction with the Faculty of USA’s Law Schools
- Interaction with Indian/International law Students of USA’s law schools
- Information on pursuing higher legal education in USA
- Learn about USA Bar Exams
- Interaction with USA’s Law Firms & Lawyers
- Career Opportunities in USA
- Learn about the experience of lawyers at law Firms
- Interaction with Bar Associations
- Practical Knowledge from Attorneys
- Certificate of Completion
Note: Please read the terms and conditions before applying
Maximum number of delegates to be selected – 20
- Students of 3rd, 4th Year & 5th Year from Five Year integrated LL.B Courses and Students of 2nd and 3rd Year from Three Year LL.B course. Fresh Graduates & Young Lawyers (up to the age of 30 Years) are eligible and to be selected on the basis of their CV.
- Students securing first division throughout their previous semesters/years of their course
- Should be proficient in speaking and understanding English.
- Must have received a No-Objection Certificate from his/her college/law firm for the tour.
- Must have an interest & knowledge of US legal system (telephonic interview)
- Must have consent from parents/office and an undertaking duly signed by them.
- Must have an Indian Passport with validity up to 2 years.
- To and fro economy class air travel
- Baggage Allowance as per the airline policy
- To and fro Airport Transfers
- Lectures by law School Faculty on different topics
- Visit to Courts of USA
- Visit to Law Colleges/Universities in USA
- Visit to Law Firm Offices in USA
- Visit to Bar Associations’ office
- Visit to Inter-governmental organizations
- Visit to diplomatic missions
- Accommodation & Food during the tour
- Internal Transport
- A letter of Visa
Interested, Click Here to Apply
Information links of the previous academic expedition in February 2018 to United Kingdom: Academic Expedition to UK : Delegation of Young Lawyers & Law Students (London, Southampton, Winchester & Manchester)
Social Media posting by the host organizations (including Supreme Court of UK, Member of Parliament, Office of the Mayor of London, European Commission, Inns of The Court, Law Schools, etc.): https://goo.gl/1RA2pu
The Commonwealth Secretariat: https://goo.gl/HVcwEu
Manchester Law School (Manchester Metropolitan University): https://goo.gl/Zoin9s
Southampton Law School (University of Southampton): https://goo.gl/p433e6
Also, we have officially launched “The UK-India legal Exchange Programme” at The UK Parliament on Feb 07th 2018 –